Founded in 2012, Velata offers easy to make and delicious food products as well as a business or income opportunity for those interested in marketing their company or products to make an income stream. Products from Velata are currently sold in Puerto Rico, Guam, Canada, and the United States. They currently have over 1,000 employees and is a brand associated with Scentsy Inc. in which I have also done a third-party unbiased review over.
As mentioned before, Velata offers a wide variety of food related products that are easy to make or bake. Not only does Velata offer food, they also offer cooking tools and utensils.
Some of the products offered by Velata are No Bake Cheesecake, Syrups, Cheese Dips, Tongs, Spatulas, Knife Blocks, Ceramic Cutlery, and several more! I will give a brief explanation of a few of the products offered by the company.
- Premium Chocolate – Sweet, smooth, and creamy milk chocolate with high quality. It is suggested to heat the chocolate in a microwave and then add it to their Velata Fondue Warmer for a satisfying dessert.
- No Bake Cheesecake – I just like the way this sounds. It’s almost effortless to prepare, hence the “no baking” aspect. The cheesecake also comes in 3 different flavors including Classic, Key Lime, and Caramel Apple.
- Raclette Tongs – Although not a food product, it is a food related product. I’m giving a brief explanation only to point out that Velata does, in fact, offer cooking utensils and tools. The description of these tongs should be self-explanatory. They’re beautiful tongs that are easy to use and grip. Pretty simple stuff.
Can you really make money with Velata’s business or income opportunity? In order to answer this, we must look at their compensation plan. Velata has their payout system set up by rank. You will begin as a certain rank and make a certain amount of income, the more you grow in rank the more your income grows.
The ranks included in Velata’s business opportunity are Escential Consultant, Certified Consultant, Lead Consultant, Star Consultant, SuperStar Consultant, Director, Star Director, and SuperStar Director. Before moving on, a term I will use frequently is Team Wholesale Volume (TMV) which means your entire teams’ amount of purchases or sales.
- Escential Consultant – This is the first rank to achieve and begin immediately after you join the company. You will get paid commission on 20% of your Personal Retail Volume. Therefore, if you sell enough products to generate $100, you will get paid 20% of that amount. Easy enough math, but you’ll get paid $20.
- SuperStar Consultant – This rank is about half-way through the entire ranking spectrum and includes several types of payouts. However, in order to remain at this rank, you must remain active with a few things.
Things you must do and keep active: You must have 500 Personal Retail Volume, 6,000 Group Wholesale Volume, and 3 Active Frontline Consultants every month.
Payouts included are: 25% Commission on Personal Retail Volume, 7% Bonus from Personal Wholesale Volume, 7% Frontline Escential or Certified Consultant TWV Bonus, 5% Frontline Lead Consultant TMV Bonus, and 3% Frontline Star Consultant TWV Bonus.
- SuperStar Director – This is the highest ranking rank in which you can achieve in Velata. Of course, there are the most payouts with this rank but there are also the most required monthly measures you must achieve.
Things You must do and keep active: You must have 500 Personal Retail Volume, 80,000 Group Wholesale Volume, 10,000 Team Wholesale Volume, 3 Active Frontline Consultants, and 4 First Generation Directors.
Payouts included are: 25% Commission on Personal Retail Volume, 9% Bonus from Personal Wholesale Volume, 9% Frontline Escential or Certified Consultant TWV Bonus, 7% Frontline Lead Consultant TWV Bonus, 5% Frontline Star Consultant TWV, 2% Frontline SuperStar Consultant TWV, 3% Frontline Director TWV, 3% First Generation Director TWV Bonus, 4% Second Generation Director TMW Bonus, and 5% Third Generation Director TMV Bonus.
To Conclude, Yes, You Can Make Money With Velata’s Business Opportunity!
For some, this is the most important question that has to be answered before even considering joining this company. Understand, if you become involved with Velata’s opportunity you are starting your own business. All businesses require some type of start-up cost. I apologize if I am the one to bring this to your attention, but I provide accurate information and facts, it’s just what I do. However, generally speaking, joining a company like this tends to have a much lower start-up cost then would a traditional business such as a Construction Business in which could range from $5,000 to $10,000.
So, if you are interested in getting involved with this company there are 3 ways to do that. You must purchase one of the three kits offered by Velata to get started. All 3 kits offered by Velata come with some catalogs, order forms, invitations, and marketing brochures.
- Fondue Starter Kit – $99.00. This kit comes with a Fondue Warmer and a Fondue Sampling Dish, two Belgian Chocolates, two Cheese Dips, and two Meltables.
- Crepe Starter Kit – $129.00. The Crepe kit includes a Crepe Maker, Classique Crepe Mix, two Handcrafted Syrups, A Cheese Dip, and one Meltable.
- Rachlette Starter Kit – 219.00. The Rachlette kit is the most expensive kit offered by Velata and includes a Raclette Tabletop Grill and three Artisan Rubs.
They also include a personal website which is free for the first 3 months! However, you must pay $10 a month, after the 3 months, in order to keep it active. You can also have another active website by paying an additional $5 a month.
Velata has a wide variety of food related products and hasn’t been in business that long which is nice. That shows that as a company, they are motivated and committed to constant expansion.
The opportunity offered by Velata may seem complex but it honestly is not! It’s very simple and once you actually do it, it will make much more sense. You simply make money from all different types of team members ranks including your own. You are certainly able to make money with their company but to be honest; their percentages are kind of low to begin with. Once you have achieved the highest rank available you are able to make a substantial amount of income, however, the first rank doesn’t offer much income to be made. Additionally, the monthly requirements to get these payouts is annoying and frustrating to keep up with.
The cost to get started is both inexpensive and expensive, depending on how you look at it. All 3 kits offered include different things other than the catalogs, order forms, invitations, and marketing brochures. It really all depends on what exactly you have a passion to offer. I do like the fact that they have 3 kits; it makes it more interesting to be able to choose your path to success.
Overall, I would give this company a B+. Please note, they began in 2012 so they have grown at a very substantial rate. I expect Velata to be a top-notch and well-known company after a few more years.
*Dustin Hale is NOT affiliated with Velata or their business/income opportunity